Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Faith - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today for some layout inspiration with the beautiful Simple Stories Faith collection. This collection has some gorgeous pattern papers along with faith based die cuts and verses and can definitely be used for scrapbooking and cardmaking in addition to Bible journaling.

For my first layout I Have No Greater Joy, I am not scrapping a religious photo but the photo goes well with the biblical verse I chose to use for my title. I used one of my favorite pattern papers for the background. I didn't want to cover too much of the paper up, so I die cut a larger title and used a single photo in the lower corner.


The negative space of my title is backed with white cardstock and to emphasize the word Joy, I backed it with a pretty floral pattern paper. Then I added the die cut words using a script font in navy over the top. Mixing fonts and colors in a title adds interest.


I kept the embellishments to a minimum, using only the chipboard sticker butterflies, enamel dots, and a couple of stickers.


For my second layout I really wanted to scrap some photos from my nephew's baptism. In I Am A Child Of God, I used a big sun die cut to symbolize God's grace. I love how bright and happy this turned out.


I added texture by machine stitching the yellow sun rays. The Grace chipboard sticker adds dimension as does the butterfly.


I love this cute little sheep Bits & Pieces die cut. The verse was perfect for my baptism photos too.


Under the photos you can see one of the Faith collection's washi tapes with words of inspiration adorning it. Isn't it beautiful! I embellished with some chipboard sticker flowers, decorative brads and enamel dots.


The 3x4 journaling card makes for a perfect title.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great week!

Supplies Used:
Item #7700 - Faith Collection Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!