Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Adore - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with some more layouts featuring the awesome JustNick Studios digital cut files and the pretty Simple Stories Love & Adore collection. Have you ever created a layout using a digital cut file and looked at the pieces remaining on your cutting mat and say to yourself, "That is too pretty to throw away!". I did that this past week with the Blocked Hearts Background cut file. I just couldn't throw away the scraps, so I decided to make another layout, very similar to the first.

This cut file is unique in that it has this big X that dissects the cut file. I wanted to play up that X by placing pattern paper behind only a portion of the cut file so that the heart pattern really popped and yet still maintain some white space. The subtle white on white heart pattern is beautiful, but the pink paper behind the heart cut outs takes your breath away. Here is my first layout using the positive pieces of the cut file, that you may remember from last week...



My second layout is very similar, but uses the negative pieces of the same cut file. It's a bit more gluing, but well worth it. Here is a tip; It helps to leave the negative pieces on your cutting mat so you know where each piece goes...



My parents are adorable! 55 years of marriage and still going strong. On both layouts, I used washi tape to emphasize the X in the cut file. It is the perfect width for washi tape!!



I also used the Love Actually digital cut file for the "Love" and "XOXO" text



Here are a few more detailed shots...




These are the cut files I used today ...




So, next time you use a cut file, take another look at the pieces remaining on your cutting mat. Just maybe, they will convince you too that they are worthy of being scrapped and not end up in your waste basket.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!