Saturday, January 7, 2017

Birdman - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am back sharing some more awesome Cocoa Vanilla Studios  Endless Summer inspiration. This beautiful collection works just as well for Winter getaways. In fact, I wish I was somewhere warm right now...  -25°C this morning here in Minnesota! With phrases like "Aloha Sunshine", I knew this collection would be perfect for scrapping some Hawaii pictures. I had some unscrapped photos of my husband feeding some pigeons when we vacationed on Waikiki Beach last winter. He was snacking on some trail mix on our hotel balcony (12 stories up!) when a pigeon happened upon him. Pretty soon there were flocks of pigeons everywhere!! Almost like an Alfred Hitchcock "The Bird" scene. I managed to snap these photos before we were swarmed.

  birdman

I challenged myself to create a vertical title and go big. I love how this title turned out. You can see various pattern papers behind the woodgrain outlined alphas from JustNick Studios. With the title "Birdman" of course I had to add some flamingos! I love this Wood Veneer flamingo!! You can see one of the Woodies here too in this close-up.

birdman_detail3

The cut apart journal cards work well to hold some journaling. I added several Die Cut Ephemera pieces, Stickers, a Flair Button, more Woodies, some Enamel Shapes, and Wood Veneer all in this embellishment cluster. It's swoon worthy!

  birdman_detail1

I couldn't resist pulling out the Puffy Stickers as well. You can see a pennant flag here among some clouds and an Aloha Sunshine ephemera piece. With a vertical title, I thought it would be fun to add some feathers to my background using another JustNick Studios cut file. Machine stitching adds interest and texture.

  birdman_detail2

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great week. Stay warm if you are freezing like me.

 ~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!