Sunday, July 17, 2016

What If You Fly! - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with a little Cocoa Vanilla Studios Life Is Beautiful inspiration. I recently went with my kids on a camping trip to Itasca State Park in the beautiful woods of northern Minnesota. Lake Itasca is where the mighty Mississippi River begins it's long journey south to the Gulf of Mexico. It was a much needed escape for all of us and probably the only time in the next year that all three of my kids will have their schedules coordinate. It was therapeutic as well for my oldest daughter who has had an incredibly rough year. She has had to deal with health issues that required her to have a hysterectomy and at this time we discovered she only has one kidney! After 18 months of marriage, she is now going through a divorce ... Happily ever after was not so happy. This photo I took of her walking across the Mississippi River on the rocks at the headwaters reminded me of a poem I love so much written by Erin Hanson of Brisbane Australia ... There is freedom waiting for you on the breezes of the sky, and you ask “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling,what if you fly? ... and she did ask "What if I fall?" How could she not ask that as life has dealt her blow after blow. But she made it across without falling :) and now she has hope that life can be beautiful again.

  WhatIfYouFly_CVS

There are lots of butterflies in the Life Is Beautiful collection, so it was an easy choice for my what if you fly theme. The big butterfly was created from a deconstructed digital cut file from JustNick Studios. I did some hand stitching around the edges. The alpha stickers were perfect to use for my title. The wood veneer butterflies are from Life Is Beautiful  as well as Hello Lovely.

  WhatIfYouFly_Detail3

WhatIfYouFly_Detail1

I even used some of those gorgeous flowers, enamel dots, ephemera die cuts, and a butterfly flair pin in my embellishment clusters.

WhatIfYouFly_Detail2

Thanks for stopping by today! Did you know that you can buy Cocoa Vanilla Studios products directly from Zoe in the Cocoa Vanilla Studios store? She even has a sale now on the pretty Sugar & Spice collection.

 ~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!