Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Oh Snap - Clique Kits inspiration

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with some more layout inspiration with the awesome July Clique Kit Raskog! This is my 4th layout with the kit and I am amazed how much paper I have left! On this layout I decided to add some texture to my background with some modeling paste and a stencil I created from one of the digital cut files this month.  I used the plus signs from this cut file.

  CK_orig 

I erased all but the plus signs and duplicated and welded the cut file. Here is what it looked like when I was ready to cut it out ...

  Silhouette_MakeYourOwnStencil  

Since I was going to use this as a stencil, it didn't matter what paper I used, so I used a piece of white cardstock that had gotten dirty. If you want to keep the stencil and reuse it, try cutting out of acetate... like the yellow sheet that came with this month's Clique Kit. I arranged the stencil over my background paper, using my photo as a guide. I didn't need to get modeling paste behind my photo, but I wanted to make sure I was creating texture all around it.

  OhSnap_stencil1 

This is what it looked like after applying the modeling paste.

  OhSnap_stencil2 

I watercolored the background using a couple different colors to help draw the eye to my photo. Here is the finished result...

  OhSnap

I let those acetate words be my title and embellished with the rubber charms, the acrylic add on frame stickers, some cardstock stickers, and wood veneer hearts from the Pinkfresh Felicity collection. The flair is from my stash ... I used all my flair in the kit already except for one and it did not fit this vacation layout. Since the background paper word strips did not fit my photo .... I did some journaling on my computer and cut out strips to place over the top. Here are some close-ups...

  OhSnap_Detail2

OhSnap_Detail1

OhSnap_Detail3

OhSnap_Detail4  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Clique Kits are Buy One Get One 1/2 off this week only!! What an incredible deal. Shop early for best selection.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!