Friday, June 17, 2016

Super Star - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with an adorable little boy Cocoa Vanilla Studios Totally Rad layout. This nephew of mine loves American football ... and he is only 2! Totally Rad was the perfect choice for scrapping this picture of him holding his beloved football. I love the cute little boy elements to this collection, like those robots. I decided to play up the stars from the collection with the help of a digital cut file from JustNick Studios. This particular cut file was a freebie from Scrapbook and Cards Today.

SuperStar 

 I backed my die cut star circles with 4 different pattern papers and arranged them in a grid on my layout. I have been wanting to do some hand stitching on a layout as I really love the look with the thicker threads of the floss versus my sewing machine thread. I kept the stitching pretty simple though, just some circles back-stitched around a few of the cut outs with embroidery floss matching the 4 pattern papers I chose from the Totally Rad collection. I do so love the look ... but it is much more tedious then using my sewing machine! After stitching, I embellished with the Totally Rad wood veneers, flair, woodies, enamel dots, paper clips, acetate stars, stickers, and die cut ephemera. I even used some tiny star wood veneers I had left from Made Of Awesome! Yes, I went a little crazy and I had lots of fun with it!

  SuperStar_Detail3

SuperStar_Detail2

I used one of the Totally Rad ephemera die cuts and the alpha stickers to create my title. Those tiny alpha sticker were also from my stash of Made Of Awesome!

SuperStar_TitleDetail 

Of course I had to use an adorable little die cut ephemera robot. He helps to bring the focus to my photo on this busy layout. Some enamel shapes layered on my robot give him some dimension.

  SuperStar_RobotDetail

SuperStar_Detail1  

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I inspired you to go a little crazy with your embellishments too. ~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!