Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Happy Day - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with some Cocoa Vanilla Studios Colour Me Happy inspiration. Have you seen this bright, fun collection yet? Lots of black and white patterns and vibrant colors. I decided to scrap a photo of my daughter that I took last weekend at her white coat ceremony. Just look at these beautiful tulips ... and they matched her dress perfectly! I couldn't wait to play with my mixed media supplies to add some color. I decided to keep to a warm color scheme, using the yellows, oranges, and pinks from the collection and I used my Design Memory Craft Faber Castell gelatos to create a fun ombre background. Take a look ...

  HappyDay_CVS

There is lots to love in the Colour Me Happy collection; like these new gorgeous gold doilies and paper flowers and leaves as well as your favorite coordinating flair and enamel dots.

  FlowerDetail

Another new item is the wood veneer words. These are great for creating titles. I painted mine with gesso and then used my mango gelato to add some color. I completed my title using the black alpha stickers also from the Colour Me Happy collection.

  TitleDetail

I choose to fussy cut some of the floral patterns. I scattered some of the smaller flowers across my background. It was fun to add color to the larger flowers using my gelatos and tuck them under my background paper.

  FussyCutDetail

I really love how my ombre background turned out. I created a little texture with modeling paste and a Crafter's Workshop stencil. I used some of the cut aparts to add journal details along the side. This fun "Be Bold, Be Bright, Be You" card is perfect to go along with my bright photo.


  Detail_Gelatos

I hope I inspired you to try a few new techiniques. Check out all of the Colour Me Happy collection now available in the Cocoa Vanilla Studios store. Zoe will ship to the USA! so if you are wanting to try out this new collection be sure to have a look.

 ~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!