Sunday, May 8, 2016

Be The Change - Clique Kits and JustNick

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with my 4th layout using the May Clique Kit Northern Lights. Since I am not a PL scrapper, I like to look for new ways to use those PL cards that are in every Clique Kit. This PL card stood out for me; 'Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile'. I knew I wanted to use it on a layout ... and lucky for me my daughter left this selfie on my phone, lol. Maybe the political campaign is getting to me as this layout reminds me of the Bernie Sanders commercial Together. He really does have the best political commercials out there.

I used a JustNick digital cut file called Bits and Pieces Heart. If you look closely you can see I cut apart another PL card and used it to fill my negative space behind my cut file. Since that Smile PL card contained blues and purples, I then choose blues, purples, white and black pattern papers from the Basic Grey Urban Luxe and Fancy Pants Designs Attwell collections to fill the remaining negative spaces.

  BeTheChangeDetail1

I left the rest of my layout relatively simple. Because I wanted to keep the heart shape prominent, I added embellishments on top of my photo. That Hey Chica die cut also went with my color scheme. I added a few alpha stickers and a puffy heart sticker from the Fancy Pants Attwell collection. I tucked a tag behind my photo for my journaling.

  Chica

I hope I inspired you to give those PL cards another look when using them on your next layout.

Thanks for stopping by.
~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Love this page!! Love the purple, the saying and the heart shape!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!