Friday, April 29, 2016

Honolulu Skyline - Clique Kits

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with another Honolulu layout using the gorgeous papers from the Basic Grey Urban Luxe collection. This one captures the skyline at night. Our hotel with its partial ocean view was the ideal spot to watch the fireworks. Who knew that every Friday night, there are fireworks over the harbor! What a wonderful surprise!! Here is my layout ...

  HonoluluSkyline_CK 

I love using my Silhouette sketch pens to embellish my background paper. With the skyline photos, I thought it would be really cool to add a sketched skyline to my layout. I used a platinum sketch pen so it would have some shimmer and stand out against the black background. Some splattered white paint and a few stars complete the skyline look. Aren't those emoticon cloud die cuts adorable! They are a Clique exclusive.

Honolulu_Sneak1 

Since the top of my layout was so dark, I wanted the lower half to pop with color. I cut several circles the same size out of a variety of pattern papers. Then I scored a square in the middle of each one. This made it easier to fold the edges of the circles to the inside.

  Honolulu_Tutorial 

 Yes, it is a bit labor intensive, but the result is eye catching.

  Honolulu_Sneak3

Honolulu_Detail1 

With all that color, I didn't go too crazy with other embellishments. I love this flair button from the Fancy Pants Attwell collection and those Richard Garay matte enamel dots.

  Honolulu_Sneak4 

I hope you give this paper folding technique a try. It's lots of fun and is a good way to use up lots of scraps. 

 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!