Monday, November 16, 2015

Scribbly Bird Card - Xyron and Faber-Castell

Hello blogging friends!


I spent my weekend playing with my Xyron adhesives and some Design Memory Craft Faber-Castell Gelatos at a crop with some friends. Oh my, what fun these are to play with! Take a look at a card I created using a Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamp set.


It's a simple card, but I really wanted the bird to take center stage so I left the background white. If you have never tried Gelatos before, don't be intimidated. They are super easy to use. Let me show you ...

Supplies:
Xyron 3" Sticker Maker
Xyron 3/16 Adhesive Dots
Design Memory Craft Faber-Castell Gelatos
Bazzill Smooth White Cardstock
Gesso
Black Embossing Powder
Versamark Ink
StazOn Ink
Heat Tool
Twine
Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamp set

Step 1. Prep your paper by applying a layer of Gesso. When it is dry, stamp your image and or sentiment with Versamark ink. Emboss using a black embossing powder.



 Step 2. Choose your Gelato colors and apply to paper. Blend with a piece of foam or a sponge. I blended mine dry, but you could use a little water if you like.


I fussy cut this guy out, but you could also color the entire background. Like this...


Step 3.  Since I was at a crop, I brought along this handy Xyron 3" Sticker Maker. I love that I can still take my Xyron adhesives with me and pack light. I just popped my bird through.


Step 4. I stamped a sentiment on a plain white cardbase with StazOn Ink and adhered my bird next to it.


 Step 5. Tie some twine around the top of the card. You can make sure the bow stays put with a little Xyron adhesive dot.


I just love how this card turned out. 


Thanks for stopping by! 
Be sure to watch for more Xyron and Design Memory Craft projects all week long.

15 comments:

  1. Hey Marcia! What's your opinion on the Recollections embossing powders? The black one that you used - I've seen it, but wasn't sure how it would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! The one I used was an extra fine embossing powder. It melted nice and was just fine for the scribbly bird.

      Delete
  2. I have been hesitant to try coloring with my gelatos and water-love how your birdy turned out. Going to try yur technique-thank you! Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdie card is so
    sweet and love the way
    you made the bird!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please explain Gesso to me. What and why.
    Your bird is darling.
    Thank you
    Debbie in beautiful Bend, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie, Think of Gesso as a paint primer for your paper. It allows you to blend the gelatos without risk of tearing the paper. If you cannot find it in the scrapbook section of your local art and craft store, look in the art supply/paint section.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet card! love that bird and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simplicity and elegance of the card. The bird is adorable and your tutorial and how you created the card were great. Beautify work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the words. That's a one elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bird on white! I have only used gelatos with heat embossed designs and a baby wipe.. must try using gesso. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card! I love how you've colored the charming little bird!!! Super fabulous job and so inspiring!! thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!