Friday, October 9, 2015

Cards to Celebrate - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging  friends!

All week long there has been card inspiration on the JustNick blog and today is my turn. I have a couple cards to share with you for celebrations. The first one I created with the Lemon Slice digital cut file.


I was eyeballing this cut file when I created my last layout using the Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss collection that was in my August Clique Kit. I kept thinking, "You Put the Lime in the Coconut"... and so the lemon slice became a lime slice. Yes, I know its Fall, but the weather here is still surprisingly warm. I'll take those warm days without complaining because all too soon the snow will be flying here. Here is my card...


I cut the lime twice, once with pattern paper and once with watercolor paper that I then painted a lime green. This way I could swap out parts and make 2 limes.


For my second card I used the new Birthday Sentiments and the Simple Scallop Strips digital cut files.



Birthday cards are by far the cards I make most often. I used the Crate Paper DIY papers on this one...


I decided to create a cake for those candles to sit on and decorate it with the scallop strips. I used the Celebrate sentiment from the same cut file.




Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!
~Marcia



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!