Thursday, July 30, 2015

Whale Party Favor - Xyron and DCWV

Hello blogging friends.

Xyron teamed up with DVWV and I got a chance to play with their DIY Project Stacks Favor Boxes.
DCWV DIY Project Stack: Favor Boxes, , hi-res
There are lots of different patterns for favor boxes and bows too as well as paper. Here is what I created ...


Isn't this whale adorable!!!  It would be so cute as a party favor at a kids birthday party. Want to know how I made it?

Step 1.  Trace whale pattern onto pattern paper and cut out. You could also use the box (without the tail) and place a rabbit, or butterfly, or heart on top in place of the spout. Note... Cut 2 of the spouts, flipping the pattern upside down for the second one so it is a mirror image of the first.


 Step 2.  I like to ink the edges of my paper for a more finished look.


Step 3. On the back side of the box, score a square in the middle.


Step 4.  Using my Xyron Mega Runner, I adhered the whale tail to the bottom of the box.


Step 5.  I used my Xyron Teresa Collins Stapler to attach the spout to the box. In hindsight, I wish I would have traced the spout on the box before cutting it out so I could eliminate this step.



Step 6.  Place some Xyron Double-sided High Tack Tape on each side of the notch to keep the box together.


Step 7.  Assemble the box by adhering the notched sides on top of eachother, over the Xyron Double-sided High Tack Tape.


Step 8.  Pull the spouts through the notch, No need to glue them. For kid appeal I added googly eyes.


Supplies:
Xyron Mega Tape Runner
Xyron Double-sided High Tack Tape
Xyron Teresa Collins Stapler
DCWV DIY Project Stack Favor Boxes
googly eyes
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Chalk ink in Baja Blue

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out the Xyron Facebook wall to see what the other designers created with their DCWV Stacks.
 ~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!