Thursday, November 20, 2014

Family Fun Reveal - Imaginisce newest collection.

Hello blogging friends! How many of you are planning a road trip around Thanksgiving or Christmas? Do you need ideas for keeping your little ones entertained?  Maybe hear, "Are we there yet?"  a little less. Well I've got a great idea for you. I have a fun busy box to share with you that I created with the new Imaginisce Family Fun collection. I decorated my box with paper and die cuts from the collection. It's about a 9"x9" tin. 



 My Xyron 9" Creative Station came in handy to adhere the papers to the tin.


Then I decorated the cover with some die cuts and thickers.



This box can hold plenty of snacks, games, crayons... I decided to make some magnetic dolls to put inside mine with the Family Fun die cuts. Since my box is actually a tin I am upcycling, the magnets will stick right to it!. To create the magnets, I ran the dolls and accessories I chose through my 9" Creative Station with a Laminate Magnet cartridge inside. I chose accessories that were not too small so their little fingers would not get too frustrated, lol. 



The Creative Station has a trimmer in the back to cut the magnetic sheet apart. Such an awesome idea to put the trimmer right there on the machine!



Then I cut the pieces out. (insert Hand Cramp here!)



Since the Safari hat had a slit cut in it for the doll head, I used my Clicut to cut through the laminate and magnetic sheets. The Clicut is one of the newer tools for Imaginisce. It's a retractable pen knife. Make sure to use it with a self healing mat so as not to cut into your table top. 



I organized my box with the girl doll and accessories on the inside of the lid and the boy doll and his accessories on the bottom of my tin. 





They can be moved around easily and dressed and undressed. 



I may need to add some of those adorable zoo animal die cuts to my busy box. To add to the creativity, I got a small dry erase board. The magnets will stick to this board too! and Did you know you can get dry erase crayons? No tops to get lost! No mess if they happen to fall out of little hands! Where were these when my kids were little! They work great and can be stowed away inside the busy box!  





Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers, Die Cuts (Family Fun),Clicut, Self Healing Mat
American Crafts - Thickers
Crayola Dry Erase Board and Crayons

Thanks for stopping by.
~Marcia

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!