Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Trio of Gift Card Holders - Xyron Tutorial

Hello blogging friends. I have some adorable gift cards to share with you that I created with the Doodlebug Frosty Friends collection, my Silhouette, and of course Xyron adhesives.


Let me show you how I created them...

These Silhouette cut files are by Jamie Cripps and are available in the Silhouette store. Only the bottom half of the card opens, to reveal a gift card.


When I am cutting lots of die cuts, I have a tendency to lose the little pieces (like the dots for an i). I like to keep my 2.5" Xyron Sticker Maker close by so as soon as I take a die cut off the cutting mat, I place it into my sticker maker.


Sometimes there is a little glue residue remaining on my die cut.


Xyron has a handy tool to help remove that. It's a little square of rubber that grabs hold of the adhesive.


On a couple of my cards, I wanted to created a shaker using some vellum and a few sequins.


I kept my sequins to the outside as the die cut would just cover any in the middle. I carefully stitched around the edge. Then pieced my cards together. A little bakers twine and a paper clip to keep the card closed finish them off.




These would make great teacher gifts, but I plan on gifting these to my teenage nieces and nephews.

Supplies:
Xyron Tape Runner
Xyron 2.5" Create-a-Sticker machine

Adhesive Eraser
Doodlebug Frosty Friends pattern paper, clips
bakers twine
Silhouette Cameo
Jamie Cripps cutting files
Sequins
vellum
Brother sewing machine

There is lots of time to create a few of these festive gift card holders for yourself!
~Marcia

7 comments:

  1. THese are adorable! Love them all but there is something about that snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. Thanks for linking up at Paper Issues. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards!! Thank you for linking up to Paper Issues current Link Party, "Say it Ain't Snow Cold Outside!"

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!