Sunday, September 28, 2014

With Sympathy + Mason Jar Decor - Anna Griffin and Xyron

Hello blogging friends! Sometimes paper is so beautiful you are afraid to cut into it. I could have wallpapered my scrapbook room walls with the gorgeous papers I received from Anna Griffin; beautiful flocked papers with fabulous patterns, gorgeous layered flowers and sentiment quotes. When you combine Xyron and Anna Griffin you get incredibly beautiful projects. Let me show you what I created ...

I found a tri-fold card in the Silhouette store with an ornate window on the front. It is basically three layers. With the dimesional flowers from Anna Griffin, I thought the layered panels would be the perfect way to set the flowers off. 



Those pretty papers are just so gorgeous together. :)

For my second project, I created a mason jar for my daughter's upcoming wedding....



I used the cut out parts of my card for my jar. Added a Spellbinders fancy label with some Want 2 Scrap bling and more of those gorgeous dimensional flowers. Do you see the twine wrapped around the jar? Here is how I did that..

I cut a strip of kraft cardstock and ran it through my 1" sticker maker. Then I just layered my twine on top. To make sure it would all stay stuck together, I applied a light coat of decoupage over the top of the twine. When it was dry I ran it through my sticker maker again.


Then I just wrapped the twine cardstock around my jar. The Mr & Mrs label covered up my seam. I found some high tack double stick tape worked best for adhering my label to the jar. I love how it turned out...


One more month til the wedding!! So many things to do yet. At least I have a dress to wear now though.

Supplies Used:
Xyron: 1.5" Sticker Maker, 9" Creative Station,  Double-Sided High Tack 1/2" Tape
Anna Griffin papers and die cuts    Anna Griffin® Grace Papercrafting Kit
Anna Griffin® Perfect Palette Cardstock KitAnna Griffin® All About Her Cardmaking KitAnna Griffin® 60-piece Flocked Paper Collection
Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2 with coordinating bling from Want 2 Scrap
twine, ribbon

Thanks for stopping by,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!