Monday, June 11, 2012

You Make me Happy - Artful Delight

Happy Monday!! I get to share another layout with you that I made with the June Artful Delight scrapbook kit. This one focused on the Simple Stories Summer Fresh papers in the kit and my oldest daughter, Naomi. I love that she looks like she doesn't want to touch the sand, lol. This one is definitely a favorite layout of mine for the year so far.

I used the latest sketch from Sketchabilities. (If you follow my blog you are getting a sneak peek.) When I looked at the sketch, I knew the Summer Fresh collection was perfect. And I have a graduation party to get ready for, so I am trying to save a little time by combining 2 DT projects. I hope you will all forgive me this time. Here is Karan Gerber's fabulous sketch...
I made my own flowers with the yellow cardstock that was included in the kit. Here are some closeups...
I am sorry to say that the June kits are already sold out. But you can pre-order a kit for next month. Just look at all the goodies that are included in the June kits....
SCRAPBOOK KIT
 this kit includes

Simple Stories - Summer Fresh collection
1 - 12x12 collection kit which includes (6) 12x12 pattern papers, (1) 12x12 sheet of fundamental cardstock stickers, (1) 12x12 sheet of expressions cardstock stickers, (30) double sided cut-apart element pieces; BONUS (6) 4x6 transparency overlays

1 sheet - 12x12 Bingo Cards/Stripe
Basic Grey - PB&J collection 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Picnic Basket
Bag of Chips
Raspberry Jam
Fluffer Nutter
White Bread
Little Yellow Bicycle - Saturdays collection 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Lose Yourself/Lovely Labels
Coordinating cardstock - Bazzill Basics 12x12 sheet (1 each)
White Prismatic
Celery
Candle Glow Medium
Bazzill-Red
Admiral
Embellishments - size and color may vary per kit
1 - Discover chipboard shape - FabScraps
1 package - Basic Grey PB&J collection - Die-Cut Flowers
2 - LYB Saturdays collection - Felt and Burlap flowers
5 - LYB Saturdays collection - stick pins
5 - FabScraps - Fabric Covered brads
12 - FabScraps - Hand painted Wooden Buttons
Approx 16 feet - Red Twine
Approx 8 feet - Hemp Twine
CARD KIT

Simple Stories - Summer Fresh collection
1 - 6x6 paper pad which includes 36 sheets of paper

Basic Grey - PB&J collection 6x6 sheets (2 each)
Picnic Basket
Bag of Chips
Raspberry Jam
Fluffer Nutter
White Bread
Little Yellow Bicycle - Saturdays collection 6x6 sheets (2 each)
Lose Yourself/Lovely Labels
Coordinating cardstock - Bazzill Basics 8 1/2x11 sheets (2 each)
White Prismatic
Celery
Candle Glow Medium
Bazzill-Red
Admiral
Embellishments - size and color may vary per kit

16 pieces - Basic Grey PB&J collection - Die-Cut Flowers
2 - LYB Saturdays collection - Felt and Burlap flowers
5 - LYB Saturdays collection - stick pins
5 - FabScraps - Fabric Covered brads
12 - FabScraps - Hand painted Wooden Buttons
Approx 16 feet - Red Twine
Approx 8 feet - Hemp Twine
Approx 3 yards - Sheer Ombre Yellow/Green ribbon
1 - Paper Smooches stamp set - Geo-Graphic
Don't forget there is a card and scrapbook layout challenge on the Artful Delight Blog. I hope you will join in our challenges.
Here is a pic of my graduate, (and he graduated with honors!)
I am linking this layout up with Frosted Designs - use stitching on a layout or card.
Also linking up with Lasting Memories - Scrap a song from the 50's - 70's (I hope this song counts, it's been recorded so many times, by Doris Day, Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Ricky Nelson, and probably a lot more.)

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I can see why this is your fav LO for the year, Marcia...it is totally gorgeous! I love the cute little clothes line banner & the yellow flowers with the leaves (is that a die you used for the leaves???). Fantastic work!

    Huge congrats to your son on his graduation...you must be oh so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just Awesome!!!!!! Your handmade flowers are perfect for this layout. And I love how you worked in the clothesline. Outstanding Layout!

    One of my favorite songs is "You are My Sunshine:)

    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow I am just blown away by this!! I drooled over it when I saw it on AD's blog this morning!! BEAUTIFUL isn't s strong enough word!! I love that hot air balloon!!

    Congrats on your son's graduation!! I have one going into his senior year this year......yikes!!! Where does the time go????

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!!!
    Tina (LMDT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, this is so fresh and bright! beautiful page! and huge congrats on your son's graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! All I can say is Love it! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your graduate! And with honors!! WTG!! Your LO .. STUNNING! My goodness, it's gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcia I love this layout! The picture is adorable and love all of the chevrons and oodles of flowers! Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. marcia... love your lo! so much detail i could look at it for hours. thanks so much for joining us at lasting memories - kimberly dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured at Lasting Memories today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great page! Love the colours, the details, and all the embellishments. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs! Hope to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous LO. Love all the layers and the cute photo too. Thanks for joing us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this page - the yellow flowers, can u share how u made them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous layout!!! wow! sweet little one too :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your layout! thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page!!! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your page and love those papers. Your amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super cute layout, Marcia!!!! Wow, I love the banner clothesline with the clothes hanging on it and those flowers are absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a fabulous job making them!!! Have a wonderful week!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did an amazing job with the sketch, I am so in love with the flowers you made, just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous layout! I realy like this paper kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your page is gorgeous, love all the little details! Looks like an amazing kit to work with!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!